If you have no idea about my bucket list, check out this first. Since I put it all out there to share with you, I figure I should update monthly about how much I’ve accomplished. So far, I can’t cross anything off my list. However, I have been working at it every day! Here’s a list of the “pieces” I have been working on throughout the last month:
- I have been exercising almost every day to get my endurance up for running and hiking. It is just starting to be nice enough outside to hike with the kids.
- I have been blogging regularly! I’d like to post 5 times/week, on every weekday, but that’s not going to be possible every week. If you do come by and visit, please leave me a comment so I know who is reading!
- I have not yet finished it but I am currently reading Commonwealth by Ann Patchett. It is wonderful so far. I haven’t decided yet if audio books count for my “read six books,” line item. I’ll have to think about that some more.
- I have not completely organized my basement because that will be a huge job that will require a yard sale and possibly a dumpster but I have logged a few hours down there so far and I am really making good progress.
- I still cannot do 20 push ups but I about once a week I am trying to do as many as I can. Don’t make fun, but I can only do 6 bent-knee push-ups as of now. Maybe I could get to 10 if my life depended on it? Far cry from 20 real push-ups but I must start at the beginning, I suppose.
- I am learning to play ukulele! I have completed one online class and I’ve been practicing every day. Lucy is learning with me, it has been a good mother-daughter bonding time for us.
- Writing! I have been writing so much. A book idea that I dreamed up a few years ago and have been toying with in my mind ever since, is coming into existence. I’m only about 3,500 words in but that’s only because I keep starting the next part and deleting it. Just a little stuck on the direction to take the next chapter because I have a few different ideas about which way to go and that choice will drastically affect other things so I’m trying to pick my favorite and having trouble. Any advice from the writers out there is much appreciated!
I am still very excited about this list, it is helping to give me focus and fill my time with activities that are meaningful to me. I have watched almost no TV this last month which has also led to me eating less late night junk food and drinking less wine. So it’s a win-win-win!